Friday, 5 March 2010

A Never Ending Love

A never ending love, this is what we get back two-fold from our beloved dogs. We have always had a dog as part of the family for as far back as I can remember. My first recollection of having a dog was when I was three years old, the dog we had then was just a plain old mongrel, Heinz 57 or crossbreed if you like, but none the less another member of the family The Dog.




Ricky, (my mother named him) was a run of the mill dog, I’m not sure which breeds his parents were, but you as a reader may take a guess.


He lived to a good age, I believe to the age of 10. As kids we had other pets too (rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoise) but you never felt the love from them as you did from a dog.



Patch was the next family dog, again a crossbreed. His mother was a Boxer and his sire was a border collie cross. He made a superb pet, friend and companion. Patch was my best friend for sure, I loved that dog and I knew he loved me. He only lived to the age of 8.





There was a quite a gap before we got another dog, I had left school and was working by then. It was through a work mate that I first got my love of the next family DOG it was also the first time the family had ever had a pedigree dog. The breed I chose THE ROTTWEILER.

No comments:

Post a Comment